- About Us
The Cucamonga Valley Water District (CVWD) is a dynamic, growing organization whose sole purpose is to provide high-quality, safe and reliable water and wastewater services while practicing good stewardship of natural and financial resources. CVWD is one of the leading retail water providers in the region which is attributed to our innovation and leadership in addressing regional and state-wide water issues.
CVWD's service area includes the City of Rancho Cucamonga, portions of the cities of Fontana, Ontario, Upland, and some unincorporated areas of San Bernardino County.
The CVWD is a public corporation formed under the provisions of Division 12 of the State Water Code. CVWD is a special district, which is an independent unit of local government serving the needs of the community. Special districts are the most efficient forms of government since the cost of the services provided to the customers directly equals the revenue generated from the charges for services provided.
CVWD serves a population of over 190,000 customers within a 47-square-mile area, which includes approximately 48,000 water connections and 37,000 sewer connections with an average daily demand of approximately 47 million gallons per day
Mission & Vision
The mission of the Cucamonga Valley Water District is to provide high-quality, safe and reliable water and wastewater services while practicing good stewardship of natural and financial resources. The Cucamonga Valley Water District's vision is founded on people, service, and water. Without any one component of this three-piece puzzle, the picture would be incomplete.
- CVWD’s People are innovative, empowered, and provide exceptional customer service.
- CVWD is a servant-oriented organization and provides Service Beyond Expectation to all customers.
- CVWD provides a high-quality, sustainable water supply that is safe, reliable, and delivered at a cost-effective price.
Culture & Values
Providing high-quality water and first-class customer service has been at the core of our mission since we were established in 1955, and will continue to guide us in our operations. In 2012, the Cucamonga Valley Water District refined the vision, culture, and values of our district and how we function. In addition to being guided by our mission and vision, the CVWD has an established culture and values that influence the service we provide every day. Accountability, communication, and customer service guide CVWD in everything we do.
- We take ownership of our actions and look for innovative solutions-based ideas to improve our effectiveness and service to customers.
- We encourage open communication that helps employees and customers improve their knowledge about our business operations.
- Our internal and external customer service is provided with a cooperative and collaborative approach, exceeding customer expectations to provide service beyond expectation.